Goodluck Jonathan Linked To 2027 Presidential Race Amid Reports Of Form Purchase

0
13

Sani claimed that Jonathan’s activities already demonstrated serious interest, despite the fact that the former president has not yet made a public announcement about his intention to run for office or specified the political platform he may employ.

Obtaining a nomination form was one of the first tasks for any candidate, he said, adding that action was more important in politics than public declarations.

“Action is crucial in politics. One of the procedures you must adhere to if you are interested is obtaining nomination forms. That’s what he did,” he declared.

Sani said, “Yes and in fact, he is about to come and submit the forms publicly,” in response to further questions regarding whether Jonathan had actually received the form.

According to Sani, Jonathan’s cautious attitude to the 2027 contest may have been influenced by the PDP’s internal problems.

He speculated that before making a formal announcement, the former president would be keeping an eye on party developments.

But the PDP leader claimed that Jonathan’s silence wasn’t a sign of indifference.

Jonathan has opted to play diplomatic and mediation roles both inside and outside of Africa in recent years, avoiding front-line political politics.

According to Sani, the eligibility suit would fail.

Sani also stated that he was optimistic that the legal challenge to Jonathan’s eligibility to run for president once more would be rejected.

He contended that the case could not be revived at the same level of court since it had already been resolved by earlier court rulings.

Sani stated, “We are very confident that the matter will be dismissed because you cannot relitigate something that has already been decided upon.”

He claims that the only court with the authority to reverse past rulings regarding Jonathan’s eligibility is the Supreme Court.

He predicted that on May 26, the ongoing lawsuit before Justice Peter Lifu will be rejected for lack of jurisdiction.

Additionally, the former presidential assistant denied allegations that certain candidates were just utilizing Jonathan’s name in order to stay relevant before the 2027 elections.

Many Nigerians, he claimed, still had vivid recollections of Jonathan’s presidency and were now contrasting it with later administrations.

“The majority of Nigerians are familiar with Jonathan and feel nostalgia for him. Many people believed the PDP was underperforming when he left power, but now Nigerians can clearly see the difference,” he continued.

According to Sani, Nigerians still hold the previous president in high regard because they think the nation was better run under his direction.

The idea that Jonathan is getting ready for a significant political comeback has been stoked by his recent discussions with various political circles.

Remember that the previous president led Nigeria from 2010 to 2015 before former President Muhammadu Buhari defeated him in his bid for reelection.

He has mostly kept a low political profile after leaving power, taking part in diplomatic duties, peace missions, and election monitoring around Africa.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here